There is a discussion on our forum that greatly disturbed me. In this discussion it brought to my attention that there is a Rockville Maryland biotech company that sells aborted fetal parts for “medicine” and experimentation. The company is called Capital Biosciences and you can view their catalog of fetal body parts here.
For example, it will cost $429 for “Human Fetal Normal Tissue: Heart” and you get to select the quantity and click on the “add to chart” button just as if you are shopping for books or clothes online.
There is a Defend Life newsletter that was circulated on this company in the January – February issue. Below are some key points:
- You can order tissues online through credit card.
- Called the company and “The guy said they would be fresh; they don’t slice up the heart and prepare the slides until someone orders them.”
- The aborted baby from whom these parts were derived may not have been worth much alive. But just one specimen from each body part category puts each baby’s gross sales value at over $17,000
- Aborted baby parts sold are at the gestational ages of the 2nd to 3rd trimester range.
- Dr. Theresa Deisher estimates that as many as 1.87 million requests for fetal body parts may be made each year in the U.S.
This is truly disturbing and big business. How far can we go? Is there no respect for life? Does everything have a price including the lives of our unborn? Apparently it does… I wonder if those mothers who abort their children know what ends up happening to them.
Our Lady of Guadalupe ora pro nobis!